Do you teach AP CS-A?
Get support for your students: Mentors from the University of Maryland - RiseUp4CS
ONGOING HELP FOR EVERY UNIT: Join our bi-monthly Monday sessions for just-in-time support to teach each unit. AP CSA Unit Series: Mondays 7:00-8:00pm
Each session includes both content and suggestions for assessment and supporting student learning.
Register at cs4md.com/pd
- Aug 30: Unit 1 (Why Programming? & Output)
- Sep 13: Unit 2 Using Objects (1st half of Unit 2)
- Sep 20: Unit 5 Writing Classes (1st ½ of Unit 5)
- Oct 11: Focus on Engaging your students. Shared best practices. Calling methods (2nd half of Unit 2)
- Oct 25: Unit 3 Selection
- Nov 8: Unit 4 Iteration
- Nov 22: Unit 5 Writing Classes (2nd ½ of Unit 5)
- Dec 6: Unit 6 Arrays
- Dec 20: Unit 7 ArrayList
- Jan 10: Unit 8 2D Arrays
- Jan 24: Algorithms
- Feb 14: Unit 9 Inheritance
- Feb 28: Unit 10 Recursion
Final AP test preparation session
March 14: Review Prep - 2-3 hour session to get ready for the AP exam.