- Three different levels of coding - Block, Scratch, Python
- Works in any computer with headphone jack port
- No login, no PII
- Don’t work perfectly
- Batteries - purchase rechargeable
Who can use it? (all students/ what ages/etc.)
- Anyone who can code in block, scratch, or python - All levels
Is there prerequisite knowledge for the students?
What type of teacher support is available?
Are ready to use lesson plans provided? Is there a sequence or curriculum?
Are there formative assessments? summative assessments? projects with rubrics?
- Teachers use certificates found in the resources - See below
How much time can/does it take as designed? (year/semester/special projects/more resources than can be useful)
- We usually do a unit which takes about 2 weeks of classtime.
What equipment is needed?
- Edisonbots, recommended rechargeable batteries, flat surface - not carpet works best.
- Could use Tape or large poster paper to draw roads and challenges
What is the cost to implement? - 10 Pack $369 - https://meetedison.com/shop/
Is it best used by itself or integrated with other content areas?
- Either way depends on the creativity of the teacher.