Accessibility and Special Needs
Specific Audiences and Accessibility Needs
- Computer science for blind students
- Hear from Rachel Billman at Towson on the need to provide access to computing for blind students
- Completely accessible programming environment with Quorum
- Blocks4All works with a variety of robots as well
- Scratch tactile blocks
- Code Jumper
- Computer science for deaf students
- Deaf Kids Code Project with resources and workshops.
- UDL for optimum design for all students. UDL4CS
Accessibility is the LAW:
Maryland Senate Bill 617 requires local school systems to provide equivalent access to digital tools for students with disabilities. Introduced during the 2022 Regular session and Approved April 21, 2022 . The statute is here, and a good summary is in this article.
Get an overview of accessibility issues from MSDE
View the MSDE video and slide presentation with the follow-up Q&A session video