MD Computing Education Summit 2022
In collaboraton with Common Ground Maryland. Nov 17-19, 2022
Roland E. Powell Convention Center; 4001 Coastal Hwy, Ocean City, MD 21842
Maryland K-12 educators, administrators, and faculty are invited to join us join us for a 2-day-long professional learning opportunity including 3 tracks on computer science education! Learn new curriculum, and skills, and build community. All of our presenters are passionate about inspiring creativity, collaboration, and critical thinking and look forward to meeting you.
- Main Conference: November 18th- 19th | Ocean City, MD
What to see:
- View the CS Summit highlights with workshops, round table discussions and posters about computer science in Maryland.
- Enter through the Roland E. Powell Convention Center main entrance. Registration is on the left.
- Find MCCE, Maryland Codes, and CSTA Maryland in the vendor hall and at the computer science strand events.
- Make sure you stop by for swag and to enter a special MCCE/Maryland Codes raffle drawing! (Raffle winners will be announced at the Hands-On Playground on Saturday in the Bayfront Ballroom.)
- Please visit the CSTA-MD booth for CSTA swag and to meet some of the Maryland team!
- Computer Science sessions will be spread throughout the event and also in the Bayfront Ballroom and classrooms 208 and 209.
- Visit the Common Ground site for Parking and Directions
- Dining Options (Meals are not provided)
- There is a concession stand conveniently located at the convention center entrance for breakfast and lunch. In addition the Ocean City Visitors Guide has a full listing of local restaurants.
- Snacks- There will be coffee, water and some small food items in the vendor hall for attendees during lunch time.
- Special event meals hosted by Common Ground (pre-registration required)
- Thursday Happy Hour 4:30pm-6:00pm ($0) Free to all registrants. Please confirm when you register or by using your confirm # when you modify registrations booked by MCCE.
- Friday night dinner ($55)- You can add the dinner when you register or by using your confirm # to modify registrations booked by MCCE
- Link to Feedback Survey will be provided at the end of the conference.
Learn more about the robots and hands-on activities that are used in Maryland K-12 classrooms here
You can find a floorplan for the Convention Center online.