UPCOMING: More opportunities for Maryland teachers to dig deeper into computer science and build a local community of CS teachers:
- OPEN NOW: Girls Go Cyberstart registration is open https://www.girlsgocyberstart.org/ This fun, free, and interactive online program is composed of digital challenges to introduce high school girls to cybersecurity. Over 10K high school girls have taken part and loved the Girls Go CyberStart program so far! High school teachers across the US can help find the next cybersecurity superstars by becoming Advisors and running a Girls Go CyberStart Club in their school. No experience needed.
- FEBRUARY 22, 2020: Southern MD CSTA will host a full day of CS teacher activities. Stay tuned for details.
- APRIL 20, 2020 Save the date for the next, annual MD CS Summit
- JULY 6-10, 2020 Save the date for a week of summer PD for all Maryland CS teachers, counselors and administrators.
- DECEMBER 4: CSTA-MD Southern MD hosted a meetup for teachers at Westlake High school, 3300 Middletown Rd, Waldorf, MD, 12/4/19 from 6:30-8pm. All grade levels welcome. December's meeting is hosted by Tom Thompson. Meeting details: Westlake High School, 3300 Middletown Rd, Waldorf, MD 20603, Room 108.
NOVEMBER 16: Mt. St. Mary's College hosted a computing teacher meetup with CSTA-Maryland around coding with kids and artificial intelligence for everyone. Saturday, November 16th, 2019 9am - 2pm. Location: Mt. St. Mary's College Frederick Campus, 5350 Spectrum Dr, Frederick, MD 21703.
- NOVEMBER 8: Salisbury University offered a full day of CS professional development on the Eastern Shore for teachers of CS in K-12. Friday, November 8th, 2019 8:30am – 3:00pm Location: Frederick Room Academic Commons Salisbury University. View the PD Poster for Salisbury Nov 8 for details.
- DECEMBER 9-15: Be sure to participate in the Hour of Code! There is something new for everyone. Do you want some pointers? Join a webinar for Maryland teachers to share their favorite activities and ideas.