Maryland Center for Computing Education (MCCE)
Supporting Maryland Computer Science Education.
Register for summer PD. Learn something new or build your skills. Visit cs4md.com/pd to register.
- View the current and previous Newsletters to hear about people across MD and events supporting computer science education.
- The annotations for the K-5 Computer Science standards are now available in draft form. These documents aim to provide guidance for elementary educators and curriculum developers to effectively meet the K-5 Maryland CS standards.
- Webinar recordings and presentations feature Maryland teachers and programs.
- View recordings from previous IHE summits.
- Round #3 RFP mini-grants are available now.
- Round #3 full grants
- Read more about the MCCE grant program to reward teachers who add on a CS endorsement.
- CSTA-MD is holding free teacher meetups around the state. Join the CSTA (computer science teachers association) Maryland chapter to view events offered by this volunteer group of teachers statewide. **Note: many meetups will be offered online instead of in-person.
- Professional Development for 2021 will all be online. Join monthly meetups, or request a mentor for the courses you are teaching. REGISTER NOW!
Watch our videos:
- Webinar recordings and presentations are updated regularly.
- Giving Blind and Visually Impaired Students a Chance to Learn Computer Science
- 2020 Maryland Computing Education Summit (higher education)
- 2019 Maryland Computing Education Summit video interviews and photos.
- Maryland CS Education YouTube Channel includes advice and support for remote learning, CS Praxis study support, university presentations, and more.
Explore enrollment in Computer Science courses in Maryland at the newly released data dashboard.
The 2020 State of CS report describes how equity can be prioritized within state policy: Celebrate Maryland progress!
MCCE Annual Report (2018-2019)
MCCE Annual Report (2019-2020)
MCCE Annual Report (2020-2021) coming in July