Maryland Center for Computing Education (MCCE)
Supporting Maryland Computer Science Education.
The just-released 2021 State of CS report shows that 90% of high schools in Maryland offered computer science in 2019-20—up from 83% the year before! (full report here) There has also been and update to the data in the MLDS system showing data from individual schools and districts
THANK YOU to the educators who joined us for our 6th annual MD CS summit. Videos will be coming soon on the agenda page.
- View the current and previous Newsletters to hear about people across MD and events supporting computer science education.
- Webinar recordings and presentations feature Maryland teachers and programs.
- View recordings from previous IHE summits.
- Round #3 RFP mini-grants are still available.
- Read the RFP on the partner page to prepare for future full grant opportunities coming in 2022. Email MCCE for more information.
- Registration for winter PD is open. Visit cs4md.com/pd to see what's available from just-in-time support, to cyber, AI, and data science.
- Read more about the MCCE grant program to reward teachers who add on a CS endorsement.
- CSTA-MD is holding free teacher meetups around the state. Join the CSTA (computer science teachers association) Maryland chapter to view events offered by this volunteer group of teachers statewide. **Note: many meetups will be offered online instead of in-person.
- Professional Development for 2021-22 school year is all online.
Watch our videos:
- Webinar recordings and presentations are updated regularly.
- Giving Blind and Visually Impaired Students a Chance to Learn Computer Science
- 2020 Maryland Computing Education Summit (higher education)
- 2019 Maryland Computing Education Summit video interviews and photos.
- Maryland CS Education YouTube Channel includes advice and support for remote learning, CS Praxis study support, university presentations, and more.
Explore enrollment in Computer Science courses in Maryland at the newly released data dashboard.
View the Maryland 15-year CS Education goals.
The 2020 State of CS report describes how equity can be prioritized within state policy: Celebrate Maryland progress!
MCCE Annual Report (2018-2019)
MCCE Annual Report (2019-2020)
MCCE Annual Report (2020-2021) coming soon