Maryland Center for Computing Education (MCCE)
Supporting Maryland Computer Science Education.
Are you an MD teacher teaching a new CS class? Register to be paired with a mentor if you'd like personalized help and support.
Be sure to register to attend the Maryland Annual CS Summit held in conjunction with Common Ground in Ocean City MD Nov 18-19 at the Convention Center in a new collaboration with MCCE and the Common Ground team to add computer and K-12 connections to higher education to the mix.
Which state is leading national efforts to improve computer science access for all students? Celebrate how far Maryland has come and recognize that this is just the first step of an important journey. Kudos to the hundreds of dedicated educators and administrators in Maryland who make this work possible! Read the first article and the follow up article on how connections and collaboration is a key to this success.
- View the current and previous Newsletters to hear about people across MD and events supporting computer science education.
- Learn more about computer science and participate in a free Praxis preparation workshop. online and in-person
- Thanks to everyone who attended the Higher Education CS Workshop July 20-22 at Hood College. Learn more and apply here. Apply for a mini-grant to support your time to participate and follow up.
- View recordings from previous IHE summits and presentations that feature Maryland teachers and programs.
- Read the RFP on the partner page to prepare for future full grant opportunities coming in 2022. Email MCCE for more information.
- Registration for fall 2022 PD will open soon. Visit cs4md.com/pd to see what's available from just-in-time support, to cyber, AI, and data science.
- Read more about the MCCE grant program to reward teachers who add on a CS endorsement. Free study sessions are available year-round.
- Learn more about the Maryland CS standards with the annotations giving examples, skills, and added details and the progressions that show how skills are built.
Watch our videos:
- Webinar recordings and presentations are updated regularly.
- Giving Blind and Visually Impaired Students a Chance to Learn Computer Science // Read about their robotics program
- Maryland Computing Education Summits: higher education & video interviews and photos.
- Maryland CS Education YouTube Channel includes advice and support for remote learning, CS Praxis study support, university presentations, and more.
Get more information on our data page to view our Annual reports, goals, MLDS data, and national reports on CS Education.