Maryland Center for Computing Education (MCCE)
Supporting Maryland Computer Science Education.
Which state is leading national efforts to improve computer science access for all students? Celebrate how far Maryland has come and recognize that this is just the first step of an important journey. Kudos to the hundreds of dedicated educators and administrators in Maryland who make this work possible! Read the article.
The just-released 2021 State of CS report shows that 90% of high schools in Maryland offered computer science in 2019-20—up from 83% the year before! (full report here) There has also been an update to the data in the MLDS system showing data from individual schools and districts
THANK YOU to the educators who joined us for our 6th annual MD CS summit. Videos will be coming soon on the agenda page.
- View the current and previous Newsletters to hear about people across MD and events supporting computer science education.
- Learn more about computer science and participate in a free Praxis preparation workshop. Tuesday evenings or Saturdays online in the spring and online and in-person in the summer
- Come to the Higher Education CS Summit on March 4, 2022 online. 9am-noon and 1-3pm. Learn and share with others. Register here. Apply for a ni-grant to support your time to participate and follow up.l
- Webinar recordings and presentations feature Maryland teachers and programs.
- View recordings from previous IHE summits.
- Read the RFP on the partner page to prepare for future full grant opportunities coming in 2022. Email MCCE for more information.
- Registration for spring/summer 2022 PD is coming soon. Visit cs4md.com/pd to see what's available from just-in-time support, to cyber, AI, and data science.
- Read more about the MCCE grant program to reward teachers who add on a CS endorsement. Free study session available year-round.
Watch our videos:
- Webinar recordings and presentations are updated regularly.
- Giving Blind and Visually Impaired Students a Chance to Learn Computer Science
- 2020 Maryland Computing Education Summit (higher education)
- 2019 Maryland Computing Education Summit video interviews and photos.
- Maryland CS Education YouTube Channel includes advice and support for remote learning, CS Praxis study support, university presentations, and more.
Explore enrollment in Computer Science courses in Maryland at the newly released data dashboard.
View the Maryland 15-year CS Education goals.
The 2020 State of CS report describes how equity can be prioritized within state policy: Celebrate Maryland progress!
MCCE Annual Report (2018-2019)
MCCE Annual Report (2019-2020)
MCCE Annual Report (2020-2021) coming soon