Maryland CS Education 15 year goals
Initial goals were set in 2016.
- Phase 1 goals: 2021-2026 5-10 years
- Phase 2 goals: 2027-2030 goals 11-14 years
- Phase 3 goals: 2031: Final 15-year goals.
Student Access and Participation
- Phase 1: CS course offerings, including AP, taught by trained teachers in every high school. Gaps have been reduced by 50% from baseline. CT integrated from PreK-8th grade.
- Phase 2: Rigorous, high-quality computing courses or modules offered in every P-12 school. **updated
- Final Goal: CS is offered to every student throughout their P-12 education. Gaps have been reduced by 90% from baseline.
- Phase 1: At least three undergraduate and three graduate programs offer CS certification.
- Phase 2: Training is universally available. All P-12 pre-service programs require CS/CT integration into methods courses **updated.
- Final Goal: All full-time secondary CS teachers are certified in CS. Offerings are continuously updated.
Curriculum and Standards
- Phase 1: P-12 CS curriculum in Standards every school system aligned with state CS standards.
- Phase 2: Graduation requirements include CS. All P-12 CS standards are implemented in all schools.
- Final Goal: Review board established and in effect to continually update P- 12 standards.