MCCE recorded webinars
Local school systems: please email mcce at usmd dot edu to request any customized webinars to support your educators.
Recorded webinars can be found on the Maryland CS Education YouTube site.
Marina Bers discusses Coding as another Language in Early Childhood and learning through play.
Part 1: Pedagogy and Philosophy https://youtu.be/kQO7R5tyePM
Part 2: The Coding as Another Language Curriculum https://youtu.be/FX4QZV_Mtq8
Four part series on CS in preservice programs March 2022
1. Part 1/4: Welcome & introductions with Dewayne Morgan (USM); Dianne O'Grady-Cunniff (MCCE) presents on lessons learned, next steps, and looking towards integration.
2. Part 2/4: Fred Bartlett Jr. (CCBC) on introducing CS across multiple required courses in the first years of an education program.
3. Part 3/4: Peter Moon, Janet Walkoe, and David Weintrop (UMD, College Park iSchool) on integrating CS into the math classroom.
4. Part 4/4: Jared O'Leary, Peter Rich, and Carlos Leon from BootUp PD on looking at a model for building student abilities.
Elementary and Higher Ed Summit March 2022
- Elementary teachers and Higher Education faculty explore different models for meeting the CS education standards in districts across the state of Maryland. What options they selected, and why they selected it. Caroline County: BootUp PD Kent County: Tynker Baltimore City: Code.org Washington County: robotics and working across areas Howard County: project based units developed internally Baltimore County: integrated CS with digital literacy developed internally
- An overview of the current aspirational goals to develop a roadmap to provide high-quality computer science in elementary statewide.
|K-12: CS, CT, cybersecurity, AI, and Praxis Study||Preservice and higher education topics - Higher ed channel|
Artificial Intelligence Symposium 2021
Presentations are at bit.ly/MCCEPreservice and bit.ly/MCCEcyber
|Effective use of tools|
(sign up here for Praxis study webinars)