Grants for Institutions of Higher Education in Maryland for Computing Education
The call for proposals goes out once a year for full grants to colleges and departments of education from the MCCE.
- Applications for mini-grants up to $10,000 are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Mini grants are available for pilot projects to bring CS Education into higher education classes and to support faculty participation in the Summer Intensive Workshops and the annual Maryland CS Summit.
- Full grants are up to $50,000 and a term of up to 18 months. The purpose of these state funds is to support the addition of significant content and pedagogy for teaching core concepts of computer science into multiple education courses or to create a pathway for teacher certification to teach Computer Science.
- 2022 RFP Round 3 grants were released on August 31, 2022 and were due to MCCE by September 30, 2022. Expect another round of grants in fall 2023.
Read about our previous and current awardees and hear about their programs.
The purpose of the MCCE grants program is to:
- Investigate and plan a pathway for computer science education with multiple experiences for all education students.
- Create materials to be shared between Maryland institutions of higher education to support the teaching of computer science and computational thinking in education programs.
- Either prepare certified secondary teachers, or create courses to integrate computer science concepts into K-12 content and methods courses.
- Educate and prepare faculty to understand the concepts of computer science and teach them as part of their areas of expertise.
- Collaborate between institutions: K-12 LSSs, Community Colleges, public and private colleges, and universities.
- Up to $5,000 to build a pathway, supplement current offerings, or educate faculty.
- Up to $10,000 for a follow up project.
- Up to $12,000 to support participation in MCCE events.
- Grant period 6 months to 1 year.
- Rolling applications reviewed each quarter.
- Eligibility: Must be a higher education institution in Maryland, serving Maryland undergraduate students majoring in education.
- Read details and get materials to apply here.
- Small and large grants from $20,000 - $50,000
- Grant period 6 months to 18 months.
- Read about the Round 3 RFP for 2022