MCCE support for Higher Education
Recent & Upcoming Events:
- Hear how Maryland higher education is building capacity for future teachers to be exposed to quality experiences in computational thinking and computer science for all. Come to the CS Summit in collaboration with Common Ground MD November 17-19, 2022
- Special session for MCCE grantees Thursday November 17 from 2-4pm at the Ocean City Convention Center or join us online for a hybrid experience. Regstration coming 9/2/22
- Apply for a grant to support your teacher education program:
- Apply for a mini-grant to invest time to learn more about the computer science and computational thinking that all K-12 teachers need to know and add it to what your preservice students learn. Mini grants are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Round 3 RFP was released on 8/31/22 and is due to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9/30/22
Resources for Higher Education
- Materials to support studies to pass the 5652 Praxis Computer Science exam. Email dogrady at usmd dot edu to request access to the materials which are on Canvas and can be shared for use in your programs.
- Standards for Computer Science Teachers (csteachers.org) with guidance for schools of education.
- Visit our Maryland CS Education YouTube site for an entire playlist of talks about CS education on our MCCE webinar page
- Classroom materials to use in support of education courses and faculty development (open Google classroom)
- Introductory course for Education faculty to introduce the breadth of computer science taught in K12 (coming soon from Frostburg)
- Materials developed by a Google grant for the integration of computational thinking into education subject area courses. (coming soon)